Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New shed, equals new place to fill with garden supplies...

Our garden is a good ways from our garage, so all items have to be trekked across the land. NOT something I'm fond of. If you knew me, you'd know that I am a Type A personality...I want everything done yesterday (kinda like this garden project). So, I want EVERYTHING out at the garden when I arrive and I want it to be put away, magically, when I am done with it. Unfortunately, life doesn't work this way... so...


we had the cement poured for the shed.  Shed was found, after much searching and comparing, (another part of the Type A thing, with some OCD attributes), at our almost-local home improvement store. Another part of my mind is, probably, over-thinking things. I decided that I wanted the foundation 12" high, so snow is not sitting for months against the wood walls. Steve rolled his eyes, but being a good husband, didn't say anything.


Now, the instructions say that 2 people, for 2 weekends can put this shed together.  NOT true.  Might've been true if it were two men.  I couldn't lift most of the wood parts.  So, our lovely second son, Aaron, came up for 2 days to help.  We couldn't have done it without him.  There's a lot to be said for a young, strong and experienced person helping you out.  Steve and Aaron had most of the hard work done in 2 days. We are left to get the minor things done on the shed.


We will get around to putting the shingles on, and trim out the window in a few days.  Steve is a caulker fanatic, so it'll be caulked to the gills before we do anything else to it.  Then, I'll paint it to match the house and garage colors.
 
Must get moving, though, as we are slowing running out of time to get seeds, and plants in, before we miss most of the short growing season.  Once that's done, I can plan for more improvements...

No comments:

Post a Comment