Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yikes!!! The heat has arrived on our mountain......

OK, who changed the temperature on the "air conditioner" for the mountains?!!!!    I know it can get hot here, but this is ridiculous.  It's so hot that I checked on the garden twice today.  I sort of expected to go out and see brown, withered little plants everywhere.  Well, God made those little plants hardy.  They seem to be doing well.  I can't say the same for us humans..... and our cat.  

We have no air conditioner here.  Something I think we must remedy soon.   When I checked the inside temperature at 2:00 PM, it was 91.7˚ in the house.   It got worse and I refused to check the temperature again.   Depression was setting in.   Poor Dot (cat) was searching around for some relief.  We couldn't find him for quite a while.  Finally found him on the tile in the master bedroom closet.  So, who knew that is the coolest place in the house?

The house we left in Glendale, occupied by one son, achieved 120˚ today.  I'm seriously wondering if parts are singed.  The official temperature in Phoenix, by contrast, was a balmy 119˚. 

Steve's sister arrived from Minnesota after noon, and thought she'd walked into a blow torch.  She is making her way up here to enjoy the 4th of July holiday.  I'm hoping she doesn't turn around halfway here. 

Now, at 10:44 PM, the weather here has made a turnaround.  The wind has picked up and we've had rain.  Could this day have any more contrasts?

Hope to get more pictures of the garden on the blog tomorrow, after I've recovered from the heat stroke I had today.  I think I'm heading out to stand in the rain.  I'm not sure when it'll come again and that's what we do in Arizona when it rains.  Everyone heads outside to stand in it.  It could be a year before it comes, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment