Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Lettuce" entertain you.....

Ok, the title is bad, but we finally get to try the first "fruits" of our labor.  We've been stuck inside as the rains have been over-doing it up here.  I was able to get outside during a break and the garden beckoned.  The leaf lettuces had reached the eating stage. I decided to plan a nice dinner to celebrate. 

I love "The Pioneer Woman's" blog and her food network show.  I don't waste valuable DVR space on just anything, so having her show record shows my deep respect for what she has accomplished.   For this special dinner I decided to make her "Aunt Trish's Salad Dressing" and her "Blue Cheese Dressing."   Luckily, I had most of the ingredients.  (Afterwards, I believe that I'll get Parmesan cheese to grate, as the powder type didn't make the grade)
 

I headed to the garden for "produce" and found a lot that needed picking.  Headed inside and started cleaning the lettuce.  I have now decided that I need a salad spinner.  I had a dickens of a time getting the lettuce dry enough for the dressing to stick.   Aren't they a lovely color? 






The dinner turned out very well.  Put both dressings on the table, along with the lettuce, chicken penne pasta and garlic bread.   I tried both dressings, but I went with my favorite, blue cheese.  My dad got me started on it as a child and it's still my fave.  Steve thought Trish's dressing was his favorite.   Added our favorite wine and we were set. 


Loved the dinner and now I'm pining for more produce.  I wonder what will star next?






No comments:

Post a Comment