Friday, August 16, 2013

Thundering.... the angels must be bowling.....

It's been thundering all morning and the clouds seem to be building.  While in the garden I shot the clouds moving over me.  They seem to be angry, and fast.  I hope rain actually comes with them.  The temperature has been oppressive today so I will appreciate any rain.


We headed out later and bought the connectors and more pipe for the French drain.  Steve called around and found two businesses in Show Low where we can buy the cinders to cover the pipe.  I guess we'll be making the trip on Monday.  Once the drain is finished I can get the ramp to the shed done.  It's only a foot and a half  up, but it seems like three feet when your arms are full.   And lifting up the wagon is painful for a lady with a bad back.  
                                                       So excited that this task is almost done. 


Only planted one rosemary plant and it's coming up too quickly for me.  I don't have enough recipes for using it.  If anyone has a good recipe using rosemary, I'd love it.  I planted only two cilantro seeds and both came up, so I'm making lots of Mexican foods to use the fresh herb.  Salsa is great any time and Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman, see link bottom left) has a great recipe I love.  It's called Restaurant Style Salsa.

Anyway, here is my first attempt at drying these herbs so I don't waste them.  Found a link online as I wasn't sure how long in a low oven they needed.   Turned out they took 20 minutes in a low oven.  The cilantro stayed a nice green but the rosemary went very dark.  Wonder if that is normal?

I'm heading outside now, as it smells like rain and I need some standing-in-the-rain time.


No comments:

Post a Comment