Saturday, September 7, 2013

A little road trip...

I guess Steve is healing well as he is sitting without grimacing.  He's actually going to sit in the bouncy truck and take a small trip.  He's out getting his "baby" the 5 ton ready.  I can't hear any whistling, but I know he's happy out there fiddling with the truck.


He's heading out for plywood to build the ramp for my garden shed, so it'll be nice to easily put the wagon and wheelbarrow away.  I'm glad the truck is leaving as the exhaust smell gets to me while it's idling for the 5 minutes it needs to warm up.  The little puff above the cab (above) looks white here, but it's actually really black.  Yuck!!  I've noticed that men love the smell of exhaust... diesel fuel... jet fuel....  must be a thing in their genes.


I'm heading out to add my cooking water to the garden beds.  It looks awful here, but I can't see throwing it away with all those vitamins cooked into it.  This batch is the water from sweet potatoes and green beans.  I save it in my watering can, but may try to find something more discrete for the kitchen.  And something smell-proof.  

 
Tonight we're having Salisbury steaks, mashed white potatoes and zucchini casserole.  This casserole recipe is from my sister-in-law, Sherri.  It's my favorite way of eating zucchini.  She made this one night and served it with hot bread.  It was wonderful then, and still is.  Zucchini, a little Bisquick, cheese, diced onions, egg, salt, pepper and garlic powder, or minced garlic
Our boys loved eating it, too, which I always thought miraculous for any kid to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment