Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hobbling along with the tumbling tumbleweeds....bah dump bump!!

Ok, corny heading, but that song was tumbling around in my head after I started the blog.  Both Steve, and I, had some painful, but ultimately laughable, episodes yesterday.   Sometimes, I wonder if there is a pixie in our midst.

All of this started because of the cold temps and the wind. We were getting the garden tucked in for fall, just minding our own business, when that darned pixie started causing problems.


See, we were both working at opposite ends of the property.  He got hurt when he dropped a sawhorse on his toe.  I dropped the garden hoop I was trying to get garden cloth on.  Ok, mine doesn't look as bad as his, but it feels like I broke the bone in my little toe and it bled quite a bit.  What were the odds that we both injured the same foot? 
Steve wins for most impressive ouchie, doesn't he?

Later, I outdid myself and pulled a muscle in my left calf trying to finish getting the cloth onto the hoop.  So, we both were limping around the house, feeling sorry for ourselves.  It was a wine and wine night.  

All of this started because of the cold temps and the wind.  We were getting the garden tucked in for fall, just minding our own business, when that darned pixie started causing problems. 


Today, I hobbled to the garden to remove the covered hoops so the garden can get what little sun there is.  The forecast today is 45 MPH winds and a chance of rain.  Well, some heavy rain hit us last night, and this morning, it came again. 

Hopefully, the winds won't be that high, as I had to chase covered hoops last time we had high winds, and I can't move that fast, now.  So far, keeping them on the ground between the gardens has kept the winds from picking them up.

The flag out front is banging it's turnbuckle on the pole like a typewriter being used by a 400 WPM typist.  Bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang........... somebody better get out there and save it. 

(story here,... my dad worked for a company that made parts for planes and the space program.  They had a lot of fun at work.  One of his favorite stories was what they'd do when someone was there for a secretarial job.  There was a woman there who typed really, really fast.  Oh, she was accurate, too.  So, when the person arrived for the  typing test, they'd have them wait and they would hear this woman typing.  He said they'd just watch the face and would wait for the horror to appear.   Politically incorrect now, but couldn't you just see it?)

Anyway, back to the flag.  I think it needs saving, quickly. 
(while limping, painfully, pathetically)......Ohhhh, Steeeveeeee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment