Monday, November 4, 2013

Back to the grind...

We are having another windy day in the mountains and trying to get things done while it blows is making things harder than they need to be. 
 

Steve is trying to get the new boards onto the house.  Since they are 16' he's battling with the wind to hold them up while nailing.  I lent him some muscles to accomplish the task.  Noticed some of the new paint on the door and around the windows.  He's been a busy beaver.

I emptied the kitchen compost bin, got it all shredded up and taken out to the pile.  I didn't check the garden yesterday, so it needed some work today.  Added a little water since it needs little because of the plastic.  The new seeds have started to show.   Everything is doing really well in the mini greenhouses.  The wind took one hoop out of my hands and threw it on the ground.  Must hold on better.

 
Did some culling for supper.  Have a nice amount of lettuce, spinach and picked a carrot to add to the pot.  Had a lot of red leaf lettuce come up, but they are so small they're almost microscopic.  Thinking of enchiladas tonight, so lettuce will feature prominently in the meal.  Someone sent this recipe around on FaceBook and if I knew where it came from I'd thank that poster.  It is the best recipe and Steve gushes praise when I make them.

And, I LOVE praise, especially in the kitchen.  It's so much better than the gagging sounds my boys would sometimes make. 
Sure, it was all in jest.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment