Saturday, August 16, 2014

Picked a peck of purple peppers? Soon!

         The tomato plant in the greenhouse is beating the tomatoes in the beds by a mile.


It's a Pink Brandywine and these 2 tomatoes are being picked today.  The leaves on this stem are still looking terrible, but the tomatoes look just fine.  There are new stems coming in green since the addition of calcium and magnesium.  Several new tomatoes are coming out on those new stems, also.


The largest tomato and some broccoli are gleaned for salads.  The broccoli plants are probably on their 6th or 7th go-rounds.  I wonder if this is some sort of record?  Sure, each round is smaller, but these are still the size of silver dollars.  And, the girls get leaves every day, too.  Broccoli, not just for dinner anymore.


As for my sweet pepper plants this year; I am vastly ahead of my pepper production last year.   Here is a Purple Pepper.  This plant is doing well even though it's ended up in a bad position in the beds.  I'd put black plastic around it, too, and that may be helping it.  I put it too close to a tomato and it gets shaded.  I am constantly pulling the tomato stems off of it so it gets some sun.  

Tomatoes over peppers....... 
Zucchini over tomatoes...... 
Tomatoes over basil............ 
Zucchini over peppers.........  

I MUST plan the garden plantings better next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment