Saturday, November 22, 2014

Chicken feeding 101......

Don't take the dog with you, as......


she'll get their bowl with remnants of oatmeal and sunflower kernels I left on the garden wall and take off with it...

OK, she only does it if I "let" her get aholda the bowl.   Surprisingly, she likes oatmeal. Duh!  The chickens DID get their share, so I can't fault her a few licks of the pickings...



We perused the grounds inside, and outside, the garden and I think we've found the last of the squirrel hoards of sunflower seed shoots.   It's so cold at night that it may be near impossible for any more of the shoots to survive the nights.  Ziva doesn't seem interested in sunflower shoots, but she has to get in my way while I'm pulling them for the girls.  

Later, I have to stay in the run when giving the girls the shoots as big fights break out.   I referee until they clean up the greens.  I guess it's time for me to start seeing if I'm going to be any good at growing micro-greens in the greenhouse.

Back inside, Ziva hits the office to sit next to the heater.   I hit the kitchen to start something for dinner.  Steve hits the TV for sports... wait he hasn't left the TV.  

Then, we hit the hay....


No comments:

Post a Comment