Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas is arriving on the homestead....

Steve and Ziva sitting in a tree.....

OK, not a tree....the garden....nope....the 5 ton.  Yep, that's the ticket.  They've been all over town today.  Had to get the mail, but Steve went up and down the highway, visiting stores and a certain UPS driver.  They honk horns at each other.  Big children, really.
Ziva came home looking car-sick.  She doesn't care for long drives in the 5 ton.

Earlier this week, Steve drug out the Christmas tree.  And, I mean he literally drug it.  He said he couldn't even pick it up because it was so heavy (old age hitting?).   We got it into the house.  I got 2 of the 4 sections together and made a LARGE decision, for me anyway.  
I couldn't see myself climbing up a ladder for a week, decorating it.   

WHAT!! The Christmas Lady not decorating a huge tree?   Righto!   We decided that we are both over the huge tree.  So, it was out and slim-line trees are in.  I spent the day working on the 3 trees that I started earlier this week. 



The tree for the family room, above.  So much easier to decorate and I only needed a step-stool for the highest branches.   When family visited for Thanksgiving I  had pick-it boxes, several really, for them to take things away.  I find I'm feeling lighter, already!  I'll get pics of the other 2 trees on, later.  They are in the visitor's bedrooms to make them feel cozy when visiting.

Steve and I found another couple signs for the homestead and gifted them to ourselves....



I can't wait for the reactions to them.  Yes, we know the words can be taken 2 ways, but we just laughed when we saw them (there's one on each drive).  Maybe they'll make the driveways safer for Steve when he's out with Ziva.....

...sitting in a tree....frolicking in the woods....posing all crazy.....



No comments:

Post a Comment