Sunday, January 25, 2015

And the barley (or wheat grass) has the lead....

Before I blog on the greens, let me ask this simple question.....

WHAT is it with animals and ear plugs?    NO, this isn't a joke.  First, Dot ate a pair of my ear plugs.  Now, Ziva has.   Maybe they don't want me to sleep soundly?   Should've known something was up when Ziva was looking a little suspicious.   Anyway, this change of events will necessitate and trip to the store for more.  I need them with a snorer and licker in the same room.

So, back to the greens....



I think this is a picture of barley, but I can't be sure.  I've  noticed that the barley and wheat grass plants look the same at this stage.  I have a thick mat of growth ready for the girls to sample.  Also, the plastic boxes are a hit.  



I'm cutting the greens in half for a couple feedings.  I left them out of the sun for a few minutes... OK, more than a few, and they started wilting. Something to remember for the next boxes.



Had some old lettuce to take out with the greens.  The chickens ignored the lettuce for the greens, so I'm taking this as a good sign of the micro-greens superiority in taste.  

Now, to the store....



No comments:

Post a Comment