Friday, May 29, 2015

Let the good times roll....

My weather apps have been showing the lows only in the high 40's for the next week.  It was 70-79 degrees in the garden today. I'm so happy I could turn somersaults.  


I'm getting close to getting a spinach harvest.  The spinach has had NO problems with the cold we've had lately.  I've put in a few more seeds now so that the next generation is started.  

I'm plucking very tiny strawberries off those plants, too.  However, they aren't worth eating.  I give them to the girls who think I'm their best friend...for about 5 minutes.



Not the best of pictures, but I'm trying to show the new leaf lettuce plants coming up.  Honestly, the whole bed is sprouting, but since it's mostly red oak leaf it's very hard to see.  I put in more seed today to take advantage of the new warmer weather.





My solution to the straw bale squash crisis.  I hope that keeping the cloths from touching the plants may be the correct tactic.  I know squash leaves don't like water on them, so I've got my fingers crossed.  I don't expect rain for a while now, and that may also be the answer. 

Since I'm sitting in the garden doing guard duty for several hours each day, so the girls can run around, I had a "duh!" moment.  I'm now bringing my Kindle with me.  Much more interesting than just sleeping.  

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, so to say...




“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”

No comments:

Post a Comment