Monday, May 18, 2015

Sunday blessing...

The snow only hung around Saturday morning.  That, I could take.  You see, I've barely got any teeth left after all the gnashing I've been doing lately.  Still, it was too cold to do anything constructive Saturday.

Steve stayed out of my way as I dashed for the garden on Sunday.  I wondered if two snows would've ruined all of my hard work.  I found... nothing wrong.  I even have 3 strawberries ripening.  I'm...flabbergasted!



Steve delivered my new hoop and made a few adjustments for me.  Now I have to finish it with netting.  It warmed up enough to uncover the garden and let the girls out for a stroll.  It even seemed like the perfect time to plant the straw bales.



Dug holes for the zucchini.  Notice how dark the holes in the straw are since it's started composting inside the bales.  It stinks, too, but that's ok with me.



Just added wet potting soil and in the picture I'm showing the dirt half-covered with the straw removed from the hole (I covered everything later).  The straw keeps the moisture in the dirt and helps protect the plant during the night.  All of the squash plants are in and I'm just waiting for the pumpkins to arrive.



Was so happy that things turned out well, that I felt a celebration dinner was needed.  Grilled some chicken breasts that I butterflied.  Love this grill pan.  It is so easy to use and even easier to clean.



Popped some garlic bread into the oven.  Dropped some penne into water to cook and got out the ingredients for the meal. Found these sauces in the frozen food section and we really like them.  Popped 2 of the sections into the pasta pan, with the pasta, after it was drained.  Added 10 tablespoons of half-n-half and brought it to a boil. Added the chicken I'd cut into pieces.  Warmed some of my canned green beans...



and it was heaven on a plate.  The perfect end to my blessed gardening day.





“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”

No comments:

Post a Comment