Friday, June 19, 2015

Firefighters, and other angels.....

Arizona is in the midst of many wildfires.  Since Wednesday, we've been in smoky mountains from fires near Payson.  The smell is something.  Because of that, we almost lost our homestead on Thursday.

I say that because I never even noticed new smoke from a fire right next to us. Steve had been taking dead branches to the brush dump so he and Ziva were not here.  I'd gathered eggs (or, egg in this case) and sat to read while the girls ran around. Then, all of them took off for the west fence and tried to get through it.  I looked to see what scared them and...


this was across from my greenhouse.  I don't take my cellphone to the garden; couldn't call; so I panicked.  Thought of grabbing the chickens, then just ran out the gate.  There was a miracle sitting there...



And angel sent by God had seen the fire from the highway and drove to the fire station to tell them.  I never would have gotten them there in time because I never heard it, never saw it, never smelled it.  




They say it started on the vacant property next to us (the coyote acreage of earlier this week) and probably not accidental.  We lost a few trees, but many others may survive.  I'm angry about that as pine trees are special, especially Ponderosa pines.  The garden and house were spared.  Sooo thankful.  

I wish I knew who was the angel on the highway.  May God bless them.  They got other angels here.

So, here's to all those angels in disguise...




No comments:

Post a Comment