Friday, June 26, 2015

Rolling in the greens...

I'm in a good mood today as I seem to have fixed one of my garden problems. Yep!  I rolling in lettuce again.


Sweet!!  I have 3 gallon-sized Ziplocs in the frig full of greens......OK, 2 are spinach, but hey, the 3rd is red oak leaf and some fancy greens along with more spinach.  The summer garden cloth seems to have been the trick in this miracle. Whatever had eaten them to the ground is having a hard time getting back to them.  

My sad straw bales have had a minor turnaround, too.  Now, I have 4 plants....


actually greening up and 1 has put out 2 flowers.  I'm not sure if this is a zucchini plant or a yellow crookneck, but it's on the summer squash bales.  The butternut and acorn squash bales have a couple plants that are looking like they'll make it.  

Looks like I'll also be getting a wheat harvest.  Ha!  I think that's what the straw came from.  I have 5 heads forming.  Not enough to do anything with, but maybe chickens will eat them?


The green beans are up about a foot and received a little slow-release fertilizer today.  Have more oregano, cilantro and rosemary than I can use.   Trying to keep the spinach from bolting in this heat.  

Next weekend is the 4th of July parade.  Looking forward to some time in the Beer Garden and browsing shops in the park.

Woohoo!!.....



No comments:

Post a Comment