Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Independence holiday.....

We're down to the wire so we're cleaning/cooking fools right now.  The kitchen is full of the wonderful smells of....


chicken spaghetti casserole (courtesy of "The Pioneer Woman"), ravioli lasagna and a breakfast bake.  The heat just about did me in.  I try not to bake much in this heat.  Still, just need to add garlic bread and garlic butter breadstick knots and I'm set for company.  I HOPE to get Saturday's dinner taken care of at the park, where you'll find me in the beer garden.



We tend to play card games, or board games, when we have visitors and it gets cooler in the evening.  I was also making some snacks for everyone and kept being visited by "someone" who wanted her share.  She picked-up on the routine of turning the snacks every 15 minutes while they baked and was there like clockwork.  Notice the begging in her eyes?



The house is in as much order as it'll probably be, so Steve is out giving the 5 ton her bath so she's parade-ready.  I noticed the flags are all out and ready in the garage.  They don't go on until the truck is out of the driveway.  We've so many trees that they've smacked, and broke, several flags already on the truck when it leaves to line up.  Didn't notice the water guns, but I'm sure they'll all be ready to go, too....

Hope everyone out there is safe and enjoys your Independence day!




No comments:

Post a Comment