Friday, July 24, 2015

Little birdie Mama, sitting in a tree....

Had an unusual egg while getting some hard-boiled eggs shelled for the girls...  


The air sacs are usually at the wide end, but somehow this one is along the whole egg.  A first for me.  Interesting how the yolk just went all the way to the shell to make room for the air.  Everyday, it's an adventure in homesteading.

Later, sitting under the trees.  I was watching the antics of the Bluebirds feeding their young.  The male was much more bold in approaching the nest with bugs. The female...



... she sat and watched me with a worm in her mouth, but wouldn't take it to the nest while my camera was up.  (Sorry for the blurriness and the darkness. Not much sun for days).



I dropped the camera down and she went right to the nest.  I tried to get it up in time to get a picture, but only got her flying away.  Man, she was fast.  Or, I was slow. Sometimes 60 makes you take a few more minutes at everything.  I can't believe it's almost August and the houses are still full of chicks.  

     ********************************************************

Experimented with sangria at dinner.  Usually made with red wine, but this time I substituted white.  Used the same recipe from that point, on...



...and it was great.  We had a Bertolli's Shrimp Scampi & Linguine meal and garlic bread.  One of my favorite fast-food frozen dinners.  When I'm being "fancy" I add more shrimp.  I love it that way, but Steve gives most of his shrimp to me, either way.  Can't believe I married a guy who doesn't like shrimp.  Still, the sangria topped off a great summer night...




“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”





No comments:

Post a Comment