Friday, August 28, 2015

Votes still awaited......


See, Effie is still with us.  She's the one in the middle of the gate.  I've received some votes on Effie, and most want her to go to some other family.  I've asked one family, but have heard nothing back.  She has since eaten 2 more eggs when I wasn't fast enough to get them out of the area.  

We're back to rain...and LOTS of it.  My rain gauge had 4 inches in it.  I'm wondering if we had some sort of cloud burst over our place.  That would give us something like 11 inches of rain since May.  That boggles the mind.  As you can see in the picture, all of Steve's hard work has been replaced with MORE grass for him to mow down.


Here's a close-up of the gate sign.  It made me laugh, so they got a sale. They do talk to you, too, but not in any language I can understand.  Just constant babble and chatter.  Some cooing and squawking, too.


Spent the day cutting strawberry runners.  They are tenacious runner-makers. I cut them all one day and there are more the next.  I can't wait until next year so I can get the other type I talked about.  These put out next to nothing, but it was only their 1st year.  


Pulled the squash casserole from the oven and it's almost time to eat.  I received this recipe from my sister-in-law, who once had us over for dinner and served it with hot wheat bread from the oven.  Mmmm.  I don't  have any wheat bread tonight, but have a loaf of French bread that'll go just as well with it.

I'm about squashed-out, though.  I think I'll do some midnight runs and leave bags on neighbors doorknobs...

Shhhhh, don't tell....




No comments:

Post a Comment