Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall is buzzing...

Fall has come and it's wonderful outside.  Very hard to get going today.  I went out full of gusto and checked on my orange pepper.


I pruned some leaves back for this picture and found a happy surprise.  I knew I had more than one ripening to orange, but until I cleared the leaves I had no idea how far along the second pepper was.  They are bucking the statistics for peppers in the mountains.  Especially cold and wet mountains.  Getting excited over peppers would not have been anything I thought of while living in the desert, but I have to admit some pride in these beauties.   I hope to have pictures of my prize at Monday's dinner.

It was then that..... I made my mistake.  I sat in a chair and... gusto gone. The breezes were blowing and the chickens decided to sit under my chair.  We vegged while enjoying the smells of wood smoke.  Yes, I still get a little unnerved when I smell smoke, but I knew where this smoke was coming from and it was a safe fire.  Our neighbor was tending his bonfire while getting some of his excess wood out of the way.  

I was prepared to spend a few hours just snoozing, when Steve blew the peace. He decided to get some weed-wacking done and our snooze was over.  I felt the need to hoist myself up from my chair and grab the camera when he...



swung by with the pick and started taking out devil plants.  They seem like Century plants.  Spiky and with tall flower spikes.  They slice into our legs with abandon.   Very persistent little devils, too.  No matter how often they are removed, they come back almost instantly.  


Last shot of the day and it's of the new rain gauge.  OK, it' blurry, but it is clear enough to see that we've received 3/10ths of an inch in the last 3 days.  I can believe this total, but the total in my old system showed much more.  So much for my 11 inch calculation earlier.  

Ziva and I headed in much earlier than Steve is likely too.  He's in his own world out there.  The brush mower is buzzing.  Ziva is snoring...

I'm gonna zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........


I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”



No comments:

Post a Comment