Friday, September 4, 2015

Steve's smoking hot pipe....

First thing Thursday morning, after I let the girls out...  And, after I watered the garden.  And, after I changed the beds.  And, after I started the wash. And, after I gave Ziva her breakfast...


Red Core carrots.  HUGE!  Their crowns are at least 3 inches across.

Hmmmm,  OK, twentieth thing Thursday morning, I went to get some carrots from the garden and planned beef stew for dinner.  Good thing I checked them, as it looks like something chewed through the netting and had snacked on some of their protruding crowns.  So, twenty-first thing Thursday morning I barricaded the carrot bed with some garden statuary and pots to keep the few carrots left, safe.  

Back in the house, I pulled the Crock Pot from the cupboard.  Cut up the carrots, celery, potatoes and some onions.  Cut up the roast and browned it in a skillet. Dumped everything into the Crock Pot, along with broth and gravy, and was done with dinner.  With things all set for the night, I headed out to the garage to keep working on sale items for the weekend.

Steve, who was feeling ignored by all this industry, decided to get the exhaust stack off of his 5 ton and paint it.  After much sanding and washing, and sanding and washing; he removed most of the rust, paint and grime.
  

I must say that it turned out nicely.  He sprayed it with heat resistant paint and it's looking great.  I know he had a blast, as doing anything for his truck is a kick for him.  I guess there are guys out there who would understand that.  I don't "get" it, but he doesn't "get" my interests, either.

Suffice it to say, the truck is now ready for her next parade, visitors, or general trips around town and he'll be all smiles while doing that.  



Dinner.  Turned out sooo well.  Just before serving, I added one of my jars of canned zucchini.  I think that's the perfect way to use up some of my larder. Leftovers get frozen in meal-sized bags so we can enjoy it again.

It's a little cold most nights lately, so I liked resorting to my Mom's repertoire. As kids, when it rained (and YES, it rained back then in the valley), coming home from school she'd have chili, or stew, and Saltines with butter waiting for us.  

I just loved that I could count on that...




“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”

No comments:

Post a Comment