Friday, October 2, 2015

Hat-catching weather...

Today it's so windy that I work a little, then chase my hat a little.  Still working on "winterizing" the garden and these side-trips are slowing me down.


I have all of the bean plants chopped down and am just waiting for Steve to come pull the roots from the bed.  I tried, but they won't move, even after soaking them.  The oregano and rosemary are still doing well so the bed will not be worked-over for a while.


Threw the cuttings where the girls can work them over for seeds and greens. Ziva was very curious about their talking and scratching.  It's gross, but she's also probably checking for what Steve calls "candy"...


Before I worked the pepper bed (where, yes, a third pepper is going yellow) I had to check the jalapeƱos.  After only 3 last year, I stopped counting at 16. The plant is almost 3 feet wide which is NOT what I expected after a pretty disastrously wet year.  I love them in their green state in pico de gallo, but it would be nice if some of them made it to red... 

...fingers crossed...




No comments:

Post a Comment