Friday, October 9, 2015

Holy, holy, hooo-ly......

Well, we did get the rain and my new gauge is showing...



... 8/10ths of an inch.  The garden is probably happy with that, but then again, the garden is almost kaput.  As the picture shows, I am about to get my 3rd orange pepper.  I'm thinking that peppers are definitely in next year's lineup.

We also made a quick, turnaround trip to the valley.  Steve is being prepped for another hernia surgery, so had his EKG, consults with the surgeon and his anesthesiologist.  

I took the opportunity to get both of us into the dermotologist for our various bumps and spots.  Isn't it always the case that those spots you were worried about turned out to be nothing, but the few you had no concern over received a biopsy?  I'm sporting 2 new holes; in the forearm and the leg.  We both had a few items frozen.  We did get some kudos from the doc on using SPF 70 (me), a long-sleeved shirt (me) and hats (both).  Ah, the life of the gardener and the... ok, the gardener's helper.



Everyone was fine when we returned: our chicken sitter having done her job well.  The coop needed some cleaning, so I just stepped back into my life.  By the way, found this great dustpan with handle.  It has become my favorite tool in the garden.  It locks in the flat position for raking "debris" into and it unlocks to swing the opening up and prevent "debris" falling out.  I have no problems getting everything to the compost pile safely.

We both remarked on how cool it was up here as compared to the valley.  Now, the valley was COOl while we were there as they were having some storms. Still, it was much cooler up here this morning.  39 degrees.  Wow!  It was 55 in the house.  We are usually resistant to finally turning the heater on...

... we may break a record for how early we actually do it...




“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”



No comments:

Post a Comment