Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Rib-sticking breakfasts galore... times 4...

Cold in the mornings now, so I'm making biscuits and gravy more.  Steve doesn't eat them unless we're at a restaurant, so I've devised...


... a way to make them freezable in one-serving portions.  Brown a pound of breakfast sausage.  Drain and divide into 4 portions.  Spoon each section in a plastic zip bag and freeze flat.  Leave the last one in the pan for a perfectly sized breakfast.


While the sausage is browning, bake jumbo biscuits.  When they are cool, place 2 biscuits in each of three bags and freeze; slice last 2 and place on plate.  I continued to make my portion of gravy and I had the best breakfast.  Now, I'll have 3 more breakfasts of biscuits and gravy and Steve will just have to SUFFER.....!!!


After my hearty breakfast, I headed out to the garden to see what damage had been inflicted last during last night's freeze.  Yes, we hit 32 degrees last night. All, but a few, of the leaves on the 2 squash plants I was hoping were protected were gone, so I can safely say that there will be no more ripening squash to enjoy this year.  

I had a thought of pulling the dead vines from the straw and moving the bales to the compost area.  Very fleetingly, as I was full and didn't really have any gumption.  

I did have enough energy to pull the staples and the cloth from the bales, for movability when I DO have more energy.... 

... those biscuits really do STICK to the ribs...




No comments:

Post a Comment