Monday, November 16, 2015

Devious garden scheming....

It's strange that I was wandering around the garden today and having nothing to do. We are being told there will be snow coming soon, but there I stood with nothing to do and thought about what I'd like to do next year in the garden.  



The beds are full to the brim with new additives and ready for the snow, if it arrives as promised.  The heavy snow should flatten the dirt and mulch in them for months, making them perfect for next year.  When we're deep in the calm of winter I'll be making my seed lists.  I've also planned some new methods of growing transplants in the sunny bedroom.

I'd also really like to try growing blueberries.  I have a large place that is in the sun most of the summer.  I'd need Steve to put in some posts and rabbit-wire fencing to keep the berry-eating animals out.  Also, raised beds.  Yes, I said beds.  Steve heard me and is yelling NO!!  But, YES!  I've been reading up on blueberry plants and they like it acidic.  Now, forest dirt is acidic because of all the pines, but it is thin and has no nutrients.  Hence, raised beds.  
I'd also need...



... some acidic mulch for the plants.  As I looked around, what did I see?  
Ah ha! LOTS of dead pine needles ready to be raked up and saved for the blueberries. I'm going to consolidate the piles into the space next to where I'd like the blueberry beds.  

Here is where my sneaky mind comes into play.  I don't care for blueberries as much as Steve.  I prefer strawberries and raspberries.  So my sneaky mind says..."plant blueberries first so Steve will help build beds"..... sneaky mind had a good idea, right?

Ah, come on people... that's a perfect idea... laugh with me here...

... Sheesh, none of you are getting this perfectly sneaky plan at all.....


    

No comments:

Post a Comment