Friday, November 6, 2015

Frosty has made a stop...


Thursday morning.... we had a wonderful night of snowfall, starting after noon on Wednesday.  There were some real flurries in the mix and we had about 3 and a half inches.  The sun peaking through the trees was so beautiful yesterday.

Headed early to the garden today to check on it and the girls...



Pulled up the last broccoli plant from it's snowy trough and gave it to the girls as a treat.   The only things I still have for them are a few red Big Jim peppers. They've about finished growing the new feathers, although Effie (right above) still doesn't have her tail feathers completed. 


After that, I'm left with the strawberry bed and it's going to have to thaw a little.  Once it is, it'll be time to get it covered with straw and see if the plants will have made it when I check in spring. 

I'm hoping there is a week, at least, to get the vermiculite and compost into the beds and turn them.  Then, it's sit back and wait for Mother Nature to prepare the beds for next season.  

The house decor is about done and it's time to get the lights onto the outside. I'm debating putting Steve up on a ladder for that job.  We ALL know his proclivity to fall from them.

I believe it's his way of seeming unqualified for the job and getting free...
... from me....



No comments:

Post a Comment