Thursday, December 3, 2015

Off with their heads... No! ON!...

Steve is doing very well after his surgery.  I had a hard time keeping him in a chair, especially after we arrived home in time for Thanksgiving.  Even our guests had to remind him to take it easy.  The doctor called on Friday and Steve told him he was out hanging lights.  Such a kidder.

This week Steve has been helping me with a special piece of my favorite Christmas decor.  I bought a fireplace screen MANY years ago at a little boutique sale.  For years I made extra money by selling artwork in boutiques. I might've really made some money, but I always found some really special artsy items to buy. It only slightly defeated the purpose of the sales, but I think those items were worth it.

Anyway, my reindeer screen was found after leaving it in our valley house.  I couldn't believe I hadn't brought it up here, but there you go.  While down in the valley last time, it was rescued.  The problem was the glue had become brittle and my screen had lost its many heads.  Enter... Steve with nothing light to do.  

Hinges needed repairing and heads need attaching...

Steve decided that pegs were the way to go in attaching heads...

Pegs drilled into the heads and glue drying...

Everyone back together.

Now, who wouldn't have bought such a cute screen?  You can see why it was hard not to get some of the great art pieces at those sales.  Now that it's repaired it can go on looking sweet for many Christmases to come.  I do wish I remembered who made this as I'd try to find any of their items in future sales.

Please remember it's GREAT to support your local artists during the holidays.  



No comments:

Post a Comment