Monday, February 22, 2016

Friends forcing work, and play....

Our company arrived and they always seem to get us moving with household and garden-type chores.  Probably a good thing that they come here regularly.


All the extra block that came up recently was moved to where we hope to get the new raised bed started.   Ah, to be young and strong again.   Now, it's time to get some designing done so we know what will fit in the spot we've chosen.


Ken and Steve raked up some more pine needles for the blueberry beds we hope to build in Spring.  The needles are finally dry after their last sleep in the snow.  I find I am missing the snow and hoping for another round before it's done for the year.


I don't lift things much anymore, as then I don't walk for days.  My job was to prep the raised beds for planting by breaking up the clods and digging out sticks and such.  The picture shows half a bed done.  I haven't dug through the strawberry bed but the ground was still moist when I poked my fingers into the dirt.  I hope that I've found the correct way to over-winter them, but only Spring will tell.


After all the work, everyone took a semi-siesta in the shade.  Ziva wore herself out digging holes trying to land a gopher.  She seemed to enjoy the rest, too.

The next day we hit the forest for some shooting.  It was probably what they really wanted to do, but they earned it the best way they knew.


After getting Ziva some ear protection...
Sighting the AR15 and aiming for water cartridges...
Capturing a muzzle-loader round in a can of dirt for a souvenir...

All in all, a good weekend.  Today, our company left and we are doing nothing. I guess we wore ourselves out.  

Next?  Well, my seeds came in the mail and I guess the real business of planning their placement and getting the garden ready will be my next big adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment