Monday, February 15, 2016

Probably best left to the professionals....

Tried making my favorite Spicy Asian Chicken Salad, which until now, was only available to me at Coco's Restaurants in the valley.  Well, yes it's probably available at ANY Coco's, but since I only hit the valley, that's where I get it. They keep the dressing right at eye level, so of course I bought their dressing so I could make it at home... 



I've had it enough to figure out the ingredients.  Chicken breasts, finely sliced lettuce and cabbage, carrots and green onions.  Lightly fried wonton strips. Cooked the lightly spiced chicken in oil and sesame oil.  After letting it sit; diced it and tossed it with the dressing.  Put the whole shebang together with more dressing on the side. IT WAS WONDERFUL.... and a LOT of work.  

It cost me a cut on 1 finger that I can't explain.  I may just relegate this beautiful salad to nights out with the hubby.  I can get 2 dinners (4 salads) out of the bottle of dressing.  That's good, as it's not cheap.  Figuring out what to do with a LOT of leftover cabbage will be another thing to work on.  Per serving, it probably cost me more than just getting it at the restaurant, too.
   
Now, I'm on to other experiments in the kitchen...  

... trying BBQ'd country pork ribs in the Crock Pot made with BBQ sauce and a can of root beer....

... then, making chili in the Crock Pot as I usually do it on the stove....

 ... and, if we survive, well more on that later... Honey, come kiss my booboo...


“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”

No comments:

Post a Comment