Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl 2016... let's eat!.....

Had a lot of fun yesterday watching the Super Bowl 2016... commercials. Who's with me on declaring the sheep singing a Queen cover as the best one?!

We didn't have a stake in the teams, so just enjoyed the day, the night, the commercials... and the food.  We did each take a team to cheer for and mine won.  We haven't really made a day of the Super Bowl since our grandson, Seth, was here with us.  You know, two old fogies really don't need to celebrate by themselves.  Still, I thought we needed it this year.

Afterall, I did have something else to celebrate.  My knee is close to being healed and walking is so much better.  Cooking in the kitchen is easier to do and Steve was up for sampling food with me.


Made a classic 7 layer dip, which has always been my favorite.  Refried beans mixed with taco seasoning and salsa; mashed avocados; sour cream; shredded cheese; diced tomatoes; thinly sliced green onions; sliced black olives; a little more shredded cheese for garnish... then wolf it down with tortilla chips. Mmmm...

Threw some chicken wings together, too.  

(An aside here, you know how all the "experts" say not to rinse your chicken before cooking it?  It's something I always do anyway, just because I'm more concerned over glass, machine oil and other assorted things that may have been packaged with my chicken)... continuing... 


... I don't usually make hot Buffalo wings.  Our favorite flavor is butter, brown sugar and several dashes of Tabasco sauce.  The wings get cooked at 425 degrees in the oven with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper seasoning first. Another mmmm here as they are so good that way.



Baked a carrot cake for Steve as he said he was tired of pie.  Yes, it's a mix, but I doctored it up.  Toasted some pecans in the oven.  They were added to the cake before it baked and added to the cream cheese frosting.  Certainly jazzed up a boxed mix.

Now, signing off so I can continue to digest all of the super food from yesterday. Just feeling the ability to walk...



“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”


No comments:

Post a Comment