Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Snow, and straw, flurries.....

It's probably a good thing that you couldn't see some of my antics yesterday. I WAS WRONG about the odds of getting rain and, or, snow.   We were kept up most of Monday night/Tuesday morning by howling winds and flapping sounds above us... probably lost some shingles.  It seemed like 50-55 MPH winds.

Then, Tuesday morning we were blessed with snow flurries and more high winds.  Inside the house, it was loud with sounds like I've never heard.  I think I heard the chimney moving.  YIKES!


Back to those antics I'm glad you couldn't see.  My strawberry plants were in danger.  I tried to get them covered while the winds kept pulling the plastic from my hands.  I ran inside and got Steve to help me secure their coverings. Straw was flying and it's needed to keep my babies warm.  After a few minutes, that seemed like ages, we got most of the coverings back on.  Boy, give them their first taste of freedom in months, and it's over just like that!

These winds were not something we knew about when we purchased this homestead.  It's true, they are infrequent, but, they can be infuriating.  I just looked outside and darn if there aren't more dark clouds coming.  PLEASE, no more wind...

The snow IS welcomed though.  Any moisture helps when you live in a desert... even high desert.  But.....

... couldn't it come without the winds?...


No comments:

Post a Comment