Thursday, March 10, 2016

Weather forecast was a smidgen off...

Well, the expected weather was a bust.  OH, it happened... rain... snow.... for 5 minutes.  The weather is fickle up here most of the time.  


Tuesday, we thought we have some time off, but since things didn't pan out, we headed off to buy my Easter present, which will be needed soon.  Guys out there, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME... unless your wife loves her garden.  I always say that Steve has SO lucked-out on the gifts front.  I just want garden stuff, chicken stuff.... trees.... rocks....


After unloading, Steve made a face and said that I'd gotten some bird droppings on me.  I was thinking he meant it was a huge amount.  I had him take a picture of it.... disappointing isn't it?  That's nothing compared to what I'm usually up to my elbows in.... notice the bags of manure in the truck? Nothing to us gardeners.


The next day, after goofing off some more, we got to work on the new beds again. This is the fast part where you just stack quickly.  Of course, the bottom has to be done correctly to make it easy.  Steve was like a well-oiled machine here.  


He even emptied the "bad' trough from last year.  As we thought, the screening material we'd used had clogged badly.  We replaced it with the weed barrier cloth (plastic) used under the cinders and in the "good" trough. I hope once it's filled that I can water it and see what happens.

I have to say something about his shirt.  It reads... "I smile because you've all finally driven me crazy".... 

... if you knew him you'd know it's correct.... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment