Friday, April 22, 2016

41 years and still going strong...

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?  Yep, we've been married for 41 years and haven't killed each other.  I still find it amazing that it's been this long.  I've known Steve all but 6 years of my life.  Of course, I didn't LIKE him until a junior in highschool, but I do believe he's one of the best things in my life.

My mom sent us money for an anniversary dinner, so we're planning on hitting one of the hot-spots in town... if we can find one.  Ha!  Here's to another 41.

      ********************************************************

Spent the day finishing the potato planting.  Said a little prayer for them as I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing here.  I have a friend/neighbor from the old valley house who's growing potatoes like a pro and I've picked her brain... and looked at her pictures.  We're sailing into uncharted territory here...


Layed some straw down in the hoop.  Added the newly-bought garden soil and laid the potatoes in the dirt.  I read to put them 6 inches apart and with the eyes up.



They were covered with 4-5 inches of soil.  I added more straw to dam the soil in and watered everything well.



I kept one hoop as an experiment in "dirtless" growing.  Wet the straw first and added a little soil acidifier.  I'll add some fertilizer after the first few days.



Covered the potatoes in this hoop with several inches of straw as I've got to keep any light from reaching the potatoes.  Now, I guess I just sit back and wait...

... Ha!... it's Spring... like I'll have ANY time to sit for quite a while...



No comments:

Post a Comment