Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Potatoes are a-comin'...

Things are picking up some more on the homestead.  Was also notified that the seed potatoes are being shipped.  This necessitated me...


... deciding where they will grow.  Found the old used compost rings to reuse as potato towers.  They were in bad, and flattened, shape.  I'm trying to straighten and open them here.  When I stepped on one side and pulled, I was able to get them an almost circular shape.  I'm planning on them being at the north end of the raised beds where I hope they get good sun.



The beds, too, are all ready for planting now.  I've added a little more dirt to the new beds and they seem to be holding the soil and water well.  I guess I've filled in any gopher holes under them by now.  

So, I'm ready for planting to start and will patiently sit and twiddle my thumbs awaiting the potatoes....

(putting this on today as I won't be here for the actual Wednesday blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment