Monday, April 11, 2016

♫ YES!...We have no bananas...♫ .... (substitute chicks)...


How many chicks did we get this last weekend?  ZERO... 0... nada.  It seems that while I was in the valley to get my testing done, they came in and were immediately bought out.  We checked 3 places and only found ducklings left. WHAT!??  What a letdown.

What to do?  We hope more come in this week so my craving can be fulfilled. The brooder is set up and ready to go in the same room where the seedlings are trying to grow.  Patience is NOT one of my virtues, so HURRY up...



Speaking of the seedlings... they are not doing their best.  I tried them on the shelving unit, but they didn't get much light because of the shelves.  They are on the floor on container lids where the sun catches them more.  They are also on heating pads.  As seedlings, they must be feeling special...



... as they even made the trip to the valley with us.  Traveling with seedlings is not the best, but I just KNEW that something would keep us and they wouldn't survive.  So, here's a pic of them as they were on my son's couch catching as many rays as they could.  

Some grew, which shocked me.  I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a light bar.  Then, maybe they'll get going.  They are slowly starting to grow, but at this speed they won't be ready when planting time gets here.

When I worked I never liked deadlines... now I'm feeling the pinch as the planting deadline is approaching and I've not got my figurative "spreadsheets" done...


No comments:

Post a Comment