Monday, May 2, 2016

Can squirrels be trained?...

It seems like I have some industrious squirrels running through my garden. They are planting stuff before I even have a chance.  They don't seem to care that it's still freezing here at night.  NOPE! They just steal sunflower seeds from the feeders (can't really say steal as we put it out) and replant it in my garden beds.  Still, if I could just train them... all my planting would be done.

I've had a few "over 60 senility" moments when I first spy the growing seeds.
First thought is that "the chickens will LOVE these shoots."  Then I remember .... no chickens.  :(

Hopefully, the new hoops Steve is making will make it harder to invade my garden although the 2 new beds won't have hoops.  We're trying posts with netting like the 2 troughs had.

Newer beds.. the east one...

Newer beds... the west one...

Pulled the shoots for the birds at the feeders...


The winds over the weekend loosened some of the netting on that GIANT hoop Steve built.  He put some wire in to give it a little more support.



Today was test-out-the-new-soaker-hose-day.  I like these Andrew flat soaker hoses a lot.  Some of them have lasted through 2 seasons.  One lasted only through one season but as holes blew out, I just shortened the hose and it still made it to Fall.

Now, just a few more items of infrastructure and we'll be set...


“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”


No comments:

Post a Comment