Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Little by little, it's getting done...


The garden is slowly coming together.  I've been working on getting the bird netting up on the troughs and new raised beds.  It's been a challenge as I'm trying to use only old netting and piecing it together.  It's not been easy as what I've had left has been cut and is misshapen.  Here the troughs have actually been completed.  There are a lot of clothespins making this possible.

Working with the netting made one thing MANDATORY.  I had to cut the buttons off of my garden shirt.  The netting caught on every one and soon I was feeling like I was in a spider's web.  Things went calmly after that. 



Next, I had to piece together old, used, plastic sheeting for this trough as I started bush bean seeds in it.  It'll be awhile before it's really needed but I needed to see what I had to work with.  I still need to find a way to close the ends but now I have some time to work it out.



The newest strawberry plants seem to have made it as they are all green and growing.  They've been exposed for quite awhile and have not been bothered by any pests.  I guess squirrels and birds are not interested until berries appear?


  
The first small hoop has been finished and is now over the exposed strawberry plants.  It'll be time for the older strawberry beds to go through Spring maintenance.  NOT looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment