Monday, May 2, 2016

Will planting start on the 11th?...

This weekend had some surprises for us.  It did rain most of Saturday and especially Saturday night when we went to sleep serenaded by rain hitting the skylight.  I love that sound.  I was expecting the rain, but we awoke to...



... only a couple inches, but it took the wind out of our sails for doing any work.  Well, I say that now, but I did have one bit of work to do in the garden...


...  when I looked out a window just to check on it and saw the hoop for the straw potato tower rolling across the garden.  I'm not sure why it left and not the others, but maybe the dirt in the other 2 kept them more grounded? Anyway, I put it back in place and anchored it to the ground with a few garden staples.

The ground is nice and drenched so I'm hoping the weather clears-out and we can start digging the blueberry beds this next week.  

I'm also thinking that planting might not start on May 11th.  It's supposedly the date of the last frost in our area, but as the 1st picture showed, that isn't a certainty when living at 6700 feet.  Might be wise to wait some...

... and the state of my seedlings will also have an impact on planting as most are not growing to their full potential.  

More on that in the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment