Friday, June 24, 2016

"Pomp and Circumstance".....

WooHoo, the girls have graduated.  The coop was as ready as we could make it. New roost up and nesting boxes covered.  And was it ever time.  The house was as hot as Mother Nature could make it.  The girls were as ready as they ever would be and I was tired of them inside.

Carried out by short-shorts wearing Grandpa...

Ziva was mighty curious....

The unceremonious dumping of chicks...

Started eating like we weren't even there...

So, they seemed to be doing fine.  Put some grit, spinach and crumbles on the floor of the coop to get them doing something so as not be scared of the new place and smell.  Later, I let them into the run and they ran around trying to fly. It was a cute scene.  It was actually cooler in the run with the breezes making everyone happy.

While I sat in the shade and watched them, I could hear Steve inside vacuuming the living room carpet.  I guess I wasn't the only one ready for their graduation...


No comments:

Post a Comment