Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th to all....


Saturday it started out rainy and dark but by parade time it was sunny.  Heidi was decked out with blue and white hair this year; quite the departure from previous years when pink and fuchsia were the norms.  Steve had a addition to the passenger's seat when my brother decided to give this parade thing a try.


Ziva was with me while I tried to take pictures and I eventually had to use a nearby tree to give me a chance to get a picture.  There were so many dogs on the parade route this year that she couldn't sit/stand still for a minute.



After the parade and a short rest I hit the garden to catch up on my work.  It looks like I won't need to add dirt to the potato cylinders anymore as flowers have appeared.  I guess it means I need to stop and let tubers develop more.
I'd cheer here but you won't hear it so why bother?  Moving dirt and straw was getting tiresome, but Shhhh, don't say anything.  Gardening is supposed to be fun... right!??!...



The straw cylinder is not blooming but I've decided to stop adding to it, too, and see how the potatoes develop there.  IF I to grow potatoes again, I will definitely change the size of the cylinders and use rabbit fencing.  Yes, there is straw all over and it's probably from me building up the outside rims, but it also seems that some animal has been pulling it out of the sides.  Also, the cylinders were just too wide across and that made it hard for me to work on them.  

Yep, taller and thinner cylinders should do the trick...

... rather like a taller and thinner body would do the trick for me....



No comments:

Post a Comment