Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Lovely weather, sleeping like logs....


Thunderclouds are forming and I hope that it means more rain for us.  The last couple days we've been receiving rain and it's been wonderful.  The nights are cool and smell so good.  We sleep at night instead of stewing in our own juices. I think I even pulled up a light blanket last night.  THIS is why we moved here.....



Not sure what is going on with the potatoes.  Only the far cylinder has flowered and only sparsely.  Neither of the other bins have done that, so maybe there's something wrong?  Maybe this is normal?  Maybe I'm impatient?  Anyone out there with an answer please leave a comment. 



This is a top shot of the closest bin in the top picture.  So lush and green. Never seen potatoes growing so I'm amazed by them.  Been picking a lot of beetles off of the potato plants so they must be amazed by them, too.



This is the straw potato bin.  It's NOTHING like the other two.  Didn't fill out well and spindly.  It's been hit by the beetles but I don't think they had anything to do with its sadness.  After harvest I'll be making some growing decisions but I'm pretty sure that another straw cylinder is not in the cards.

The tulle has been doing its job over the strawberries on the garden hoops. Still, only been a few sad ever-bearing strawberries there.  Continue to pull runners and flowers off the new June-bearing strawberries.  I hope they produce well next year.

Beetles have hit my romaine lettuce so we must get tulle over that bed.  
You know.....

.... before it's "tulle" late......



No comments:

Post a Comment