Monday, August 15, 2016

Broccolicious meals to come....

Keep feeling like I lost a few months somewhere during the last week.  We get up in the morning and it really feels like Fall has come.  Of course, in the afternoon we are brought back to Summer heat.  

Once I come to my senses I realize that I need to get moving.  I guess just sitting in the garden does not get things done unless I get out of my chair.


The broccoli are going crazy.  I've been watching them and several are getting to the "huge" stage.  In 2 days I believe this head went from 6 inches across...


... to 8 inches across.  This new broccoli I'm trying is breaking the last year's harvest.  The head next to it is about what I received last year.



I only have 1 red pepper showing itself.  There may be another one that could make it, but this makes me think that peppers are just not going to do it up here.  I do have 1 more on the yellow pepper plant but I will need to rethink peppers.  

I have one jalapeño on the regular jalapeño plant and 2 on the less hot "Coolapeño" plant (I think that's how it's spelled) that I'm trying.  It's supposed to be cooler than a regular one and if it produces some, I may like them better. They have to PRODUCE though.


Seth's bird house....

We found time to get the new bird houses polyurethaned and got them hung. We put most of them to the south of the house where we've been extremely lax in providing housing for the birds.  These houses have proved to be attractive to the Pygmy Nuthatch.  

If Fall is really trying to get here, they may have "occupied" signs on them soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment