Friday, August 26, 2016

Fall is in the air.....


Did some Spring cleaning of the freezer, but in Fall-ish weather.  NOT that I needed the room for more chickens but....nobody has bought the few we have for sale so.... may need some room again.  The beans are a day's harvest. Not many so I'm mixing them with other veggies when I can.

We got two meals out of our last harvested chicken, and boy, were they good. Roasted her in the Crock Pot first.



Made a Pinterest* recipe of roasted carrots to go with the 1st meal.  Ok, I threw in a few broccoli pieces and an even fewer amount of green beans, but it was sooo good.  The veggies were roasted with oil, salt, pepper and garlic and then I topped them off with some butter and parmesan cheese.  Definitely using this recipe again.

The next night it was chicken noodle soup done using the Crock Pot again.



Outside in the garden I have another pumpkin going orange.  That's 2 now. A few other squash I thought were watermelons are starting to orange at the tips, so I may have even more.  The couple that I KNOW are watermelons are very small so I'm wondering if they are going to be edible.



So many broccoli heads are coming in so quickly that I've resorted to freezing them.  Here's 5 bags ready to go.  I'm just blanching pieces and freezing for later.  Cheese and broccoli side dishes this Winter.  Yummmmm...


*“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”


No comments:

Post a Comment