Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pole dancing to commence...

Still having rain, mostly daily, so work has slowed some.  It HAS made digging holes easier though.  Now, if rain could dissolve stones, we'd be cooking with gas.  


It went more smoothly than anticipated and somehow we (Steve) only brought up a few stones.  This is the last hole for this job so I suppose we should celebrate. 



Cemented into place and leveled.  Tied the pole to the ladder to keep it plumb until it sets.  Then, the gate moves to the pole and fencing can begin.  That squash plant in the pic?   Well, it put out 1 fruit but we can't tell what type it is. It's going anyway as there is hardly any growing time left.



My little Brussels Sprouts are growing nicely.  It's probably a good thing that they like cooler weather.  Today it was 51 degrees when we got up.  YIKES! Where did summer go?  I started the leaf trimming today.  Didn't know I needed to do that until I looked up why the lower leaves were going yellow.  It IS my first try at them, so I didn't know exactly what to do.  I just hope we get a lot of sprouts to eat... Mmmmmm....



I have set another broccoli record, too.  This head is on a dinner plate and is measuring at 10 inches across.  It's almost a sacrilege to eat it... but eat it we will.  Maybe we'll need to get a stir-fry going.  Definitely using this cultivar of broccoli next year.

Sad news yesterday though.  That rummage sale I was SO looking forward to is not happening this year.  WHAT!?  I was all ready for it and went to the website to get an entry form and double-WHAT!?   Now what do I do with all this Christmas stuff?  

... I may resort to slipping things into gifts for the rest of this year...

..... SURPRISE!!.....



No comments:

Post a Comment