Wednesday, September 28, 2016

♫"September Morn"♫... uh, afternoon...


We're back to the low 40's again at night.  The acorn squash bed looked pretty bad this morning.  The zucchini in the same bed looked like they were finally on their way out... so I'm happy.  October is just a few days away so this isn't something I hadn't thought about.  I just hope the broccoli and Brussels Sprouts are not damaged if it gets colder.



I put the ground pumpkin into the small pumpkin bed to keep it safe from rodents.  The bed holds sweet meat pumpkins, which are awfully small but are supposed to be great for pies.  The one moved there is slightly bigger and is a sugar pie pumpkin.  I guess I'll have to make pies from each and see which comes back next year.  It's not covered for the picture but it will be before nightfall.



Steve is still working on finishing the fence around the blueberry beds.  With Fall coming, I am nervous that rabbits will eat the bushes down to the ground when food sources go away.  Ziva spent her time with me and the chickens. Everyone in the picture seems to be getting along for the moment.  

I had to put 1 hen in the timeout cage today.  She kept pulling feathers out of the other girls.  She does seem the most dominant right now, but this was more than I could take.  I'll need to do some reading up on this and see what I can do to stop it.  I think she's the one laying eggs so she will be staying but, she does need to straighten up and fly right...

.... well, not fly exactly... clipped wings, you know...



No comments:

Post a Comment