Friday, September 2, 2016

Truckin' on down the highway....

Picked up Steve's truck today from the shop.  You know guys and their vehicles?...  Yeah, well Steve wasn't able to get his truck into any gear for several weeks.  He would move the shifter all over the place just to get it into a forward gear.  Then, it would need to be fiddled with while we were moving. I wasn't happy with that.  What if I needed to use the truck?  I knew I'd never figure out the shifting problems.  Asked him to take it in.  He said he didn't need to.   

Well, it finally wouldn't do much at all and he made the appointment.  It turned out that the accelerator was also having problems which manifested itself by causing four breakdowns on the trip into town.  I think that was the longest trip into town that we've ever had.  They found the motor mounts also needed replacing.  We made it home and it runs like a top. Wow, I'm VERY happy that the problems were fixed and that the truck will haul garden items for years to come.


I forgot to put the above picture on the blog at the beginning of the week. Ziva celebrated her 3rd birthday on Saturday and she received her "cake." It's a good thing she doesn't remember like humans.  The last two years she received a hamburger patty for each year she was celebrating.  We thought 3 patties (and potentially more) were going to be much too much.  So, she got the one patty.  She really appreciated it, too.

            *************************************************

Yesterday I hit the garden for general cleanup and was upset to find that a rabbit had visited my acorn squash bed.... AGAIN...


                        

... and nibbled on several of them.  I searched like crazy and there were no openings that it could've gotten through.  So, I'm baffled and upset.  


                       

Checked the butternuts for damage and there was none.  Just nicks from leaves and movement I probably caused.  The leaves have significantly died down enough to see several.  It looks like this will be a good year for them.

Our company is about to arrive so I just want to wish everyone a.....

... happy Labor Day!!!.....



No comments:

Post a Comment