Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving 2016....

Well, this has been a day.  Most of our visitors are passed out on the couches and beds sleeping in turkey comas.  Everyone arrived safely which makes even more to be thankful for.  We were joined by a new neighbor and chaos erupted when Ziva and Delilah (another Dobie) tried to get some treats.  I guess it was a typical Thanksgiving when the house is full of craziness.



My mom provided the door decor to welcome everyone coming up for the holiday. 



I got most of the prep done yesterday before everyone arrived.  That makes everything go more smoothly.   Found time to hard-boil some of our eggs.   They are notorious to peel, but I needed some gone.  As it is, Ziva gets one a day and the chickens 2 and we still fill up faster than we empty.  

The picture shows prep done before heading out to the coop so the hens get their daily treats.  It was eggs and a roll all chopped up.



I got out to the garden and the wind whipped my jacket open.  My zipper had broken so I couldn't keep the jacket closed.  Luckily, I had a bunch of clothespins. Used three to hold my jacket closed.  I'm sure it was a sight, but it worked.

Tonight, some leave and some stay.  I have a ton of turkey so I hope I can hold a few hostage until it's all been eaten.  Hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends.

Take care... eat much... sleep lots...



No comments:

Post a Comment