Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thunder and lightning and demo's exciting....

I'm just about ready to scrap the whole garden.  It's been so cold that nothing is really ripening.  The Brussels Sprouts haven't done anything.


Yesterday, I pulled the biggest sprouts off the plants so we could eat some before a freeze kills them.  They were very tiny but they tasted good.



The strawberries are getting their raspberry blush even more.  These beds are really pretty in the Fall.  Still not ready to winterize them until they die back.  They are just letting me know that the garden is almost kaput.



On Wednesday it really got cold so we stayed inside most of the time.  The cold got Steve revved up to get the new pantry in, so he started pulling the kitchen apart.  We emptied out the cupboards and cabinets and everything is stacked on folding tables in the living room.



Man, do they want these manufactured homes to stay together.  Once the cabinets were unglued... unscrewed... unstapled from the walls... we were ready to have neighbors come in a take them away.  Steve did QUITE a bit of swearing because he couldn't unscrew the screws and they stripped.  I'm just glad they are gone so we can work on pulling the old pantry out.

It rained and thundered all day today, so while he was swearing while doing more demo, I pulled out...


... the 3 trees and started work on them.  The day went pretty fast with him in his room and me in mine.  He wasn't too happy when I stopped him to bring in containers with the decor.  I figured I needed the break while my ears cooled off and his temperature went down...

... who knew swearing raised temps so much... didn't need the heater on...



No comments:

Post a Comment