Thursday, January 19, 2017

I KNEW I was correct... La Niña officially is El Niño...

Don't you love it when your stats are the correct ones?  Working with statistics most of my working life, I just love it when I get proven correct.  The La Niña predictions weren't correct for our mountain with rain or snow every week and I was about to gnash my teeth.  Then, they changed the forecasts.  Ha!

Now that that is off my chest let me talk about more water headed our way. Latest predictions are for 12-18 inches of snow before Sunday.  The hens are NOT happy that they'll have no freedom for several days. 



This morning I replenished the straw in both the coop and nesting box.  Filled water fount and topped off kibble.   Threw kale, seeds, scrambled eggs and bread into the run for them to scratch for.  Tied tarps together as best I could and Steve reset cement blocks so tarps hopefully keep rain and snow out.  I think we're ready for what's coming.

     *********************************************************

It's now the afternoon and the snow started gently falling...



.. so Steve and I ran out and did the final "walkthrough" for the night.  It honestly was snowing when I took this but the flakes are not showing in the picture.  The girls are wolfing-down their snacks for the night.  

By the time we got back to the backdoor and brushed snow off Ziva, it really started coming down.  I'm thinking this is a pizza night...

... and maybe a fire....




No comments:

Post a Comment