Monday, January 23, 2017

I LOVE all this snow... (check back later)....

The biggest storm of my life up here has just happened and WOW!   Looking at snow is soooo cool, until the time comes for a trek to the garden and coop.   I know people have dealt with this for years, but I hadn't.  I'm short and trying to keep 2 feet of snow out of my galoshes, while trying to pull my feet up enough to clear it, while keeping my boots on, while balancing food and carrying a bucket... whew....

Steve's checking amount after 1st night of snow.. 11 inches...

I snapped a shot of the strawberry bed before things got going...

... and a shot after snow fell overnight...

... the girls didn't even try to enter the run... Steve
raked the snow away all around the run and we added straw...

...and then he dug out the door... two feet was in the way...

We were both walking like drunk people as we fell into holes we couldn't see and snow kept giving way.  I kinda wish I'd filmed us.  Steve did the raking and digging, I did the feeding and egg collecting.  Perfect harmony.

The girls didn't even try to run out of the coop, which was a first for me.  They did all act like they were STARVING which is an impossibility as they still had most of their food.  However, I'd act like I was starving if it got me goodies as a consolation for forced confinement.


... snow raked away and new straw and treats... Mmmmm...

They dug and a feasted... however it seemed like pizza crust was not a favorite... yet!

More snow on the way today and tomorrow.  I'll blog on it...

                                                                                   ... if we survive...




No comments:

Post a Comment