Monday, January 2, 2017

Next year... COOP CHRISTMAS LIGHTS...

The storms, they just keep a'comin'.  We get rid of the snow from one, just to have another come through and dump on us.  Don't get me wrong, I like the snow...


... but the winds have been something.  I HATE wind. I was about to find another way to secure the tarp-over-coop for the next storm when.... 



... we FINALLY found a businessman who wanted an electrical job.  I thought it would be hard digging into frozen ground, but the ground was just wet.  He liked that. Said it made it easier to dig.  So, they showed up before New Year's.  His kids were off so he had 2 little helpers in tow.  I thought they'd use a trencher but they did it by hand.


We're the proud owners of an electrified garden.   We have power at the coop, in the greenhouse and at the closer end of the house.  Almost makes a person giddy.


After the job was done it was time to figure out a better tarp placement.  The winds kept driving the rain into the sides of the coop and run.  Steve figured out this placement so we're hoping the three tarps keep rain from blowing in. If I had the money I'd have smallish powered garage doors installed around the coop and just raise and lower them.  Aren't dreams nice?



The muddy trench left a dangerous quagmire for me to fall into (and I have several times).  Steve said to just leave it to compact through a few storms.  

I wonder if he's thinking it'll be a little like quicksand...

... and I'll disappear into it?...



No comments:

Post a Comment